The Digital Abattoir is a world leading combination of learning technologies that replicate the physical teaching tour of abattoir facilities. It is approved for teaching by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as part of their strategy to mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on Veterinary teaching.
The Digital Abattoir combines app and virtual reality technologies to provide veterinary students with an interactive tour of abattoir facilities. It is designed to replicate what the students see, hear, and experience on an actual tour, supported with knowledge check quizzes, audio and text teaching content. Features include:
- Web App, compatible with Learning Management Systems
- 360-degree video in Virtual Reality
- Species include Ovine, Bovine, Porcine, Poultry and Venison
- Adaptable content to suit specific teaching requirements and legislation
- Compatible with Learning Management System